girl talk
April 18, 2010 @ 4:50 PM
When I was on Hatta's bike yesterday, I was thinking of how hard it is to be a girl. Minus the other things in life, it is still hard being a girl. The things we have to go through just for being one. I realize that we girls are put under an intense scrutiny of people's eye. We have to constantly uphold this cookie cutter image that people thinks is the appropriate way of being a girl.

In my opinion, I think people tend to focus more on our image. Maybe that's the reason they say first impression counts. I always have a hard time figuring out what to wear especially if I'm going out with Hatta's side of the family. I have to find something that is comfortable for me, something I like and at the same time something appropriate enough. It's easy being a guy, all you have to do is pull up a T-shirt and a decent jeans and you're good to go. This is just part of being a girl. Image.

I know guys go through stuff that we go through too. I know they too have those days where you just want to curl up in bed and those sloth-ish days, or those days where everything just seems to piss them off. but the thing about us girls is that we tend to be twice as insecure as guys, twice as paranoid, twice the vulnerability and many more. And when it comes to a relationship, we have to deal with what the other party(families and all) think of us. We have to shape ourselves in a way that we are good in their eyes. Then we also have to deal with the things our side has in store for us. All those judgement and questioning can take a toll on us.

These are just some part of being a girl. There's a whole lot more to be written down here. We have a lot of thing riding up our back just because we are girls.

xoxo
0 comments: leave a comment