mother's day weekend
May 10, 2010 @ 9:15 PM

Above are my maternal family. Most of them. We all gathered at my grandmother's place on the eve of Mother's Day and just spend quality time together. Undoubtedly, I had the best time there.

When it comes to gathering like this, no matter how busy each of us are, we will drop everything down or even make time to come down to Mak's (my grandmother) place and simply be with everyone. That is what I love about my family. It was not big hoo haa gathering. Mak cooked simply but her food is always superb. Believe it or not, I even tried my hand at cooking. Yes, I did. mak convinced me to try my hand at cooking. She handed me a couple of cook books when I was just about to doze off and said that if I want to get married, I must learn how to cook. Haha. As usual we spent time playing monopoly, card games and watched tv together cracking up jokes at possibly everything.

Later on in the evening, I met up with my loverboy and followed him to his secondary school reunion. After that, we met with his aunt's family and Hafiz and Fiqah to watch Iron Man 2. The movie was great even though it was a little draggy, I was surprised that it was quite humorous. After the light supper we had, Fiqah, Hafiz, my loverboy and myself headed to West Coast Park to just relax.

It was a night well spent. I would for sure do it again.

xoxo
0 comments: leave a comment