a friend
June 28, 2010 @ 5:56 PM
With the things going on in my life right now, there are times where I feel like shutting the world out leaving me and my thoughts alone but at the same time there are also times where I need a shoulder to lean on without having to explain myself.


The other day, I met Fiqah for dinner. Not surprisingly, I made her wait for me. I am very sorry for that. Anyway, I want to dedicate this post to her. The one person who is willing enough to be there for in my time of need, who does not judge my every move, who is not afraid to let me know the truth because she knows I deserve to, the one who is brave enough to let me ponder about the things I never want to think about, the one who understands and doesn't pry anymore than what is should when I answer her questions with I-don't-know(s), who knows how to complete my sentences and the one person I know who knows how taxing it is to put on a facade just to show everyone else that everything is okay when it's not so people will stop prying.


Given our differences and our background, I never thought that I would befriend you Fiqah but I'm glad I did. Thank you for being there/here for me. Likewise, I've got your back too. I love you.

xoxo
0 comments: leave a comment