second chances
August 29, 2010 @ 6:49 PM

They say once bitten, twice shy. That metaphor is proving to be truer than ever. I shall not deny that I am somewhat scared and traumatized from the whole rendezvous but I take my hats off to you though, for being able to top the first time round.

I find myself going back to the place where it hurts the most and it is certainly not easy trying to pull everything back together, trying to mend the broken pieces. But I'm having a hard time doing so seemingly because everything around isn't helping that much. It is starting to irks me that this 'thing' is slowly becoming 'okay'. But somehow I can't help but wonder what drove people to do this. Is it the chase that entice a certain kind of thrill? Does it satisfy a yearn or a need? And what made them think that it is certainly okay? It rages me when I chance upon something like this. Not that I am being judgmental or stereotypical but this isn't something to be proud of. Doesn't their guilty conscience ever bugs them? Or did every nerve endings that once guide them right from wrong glitches at the mere thought of it? The fact that they know that it's wrong but decided to put everything on the line anyway.

There is no such thing as having the best of both worlds because someone is bound to get hurt and the scar that it creates will forever be etched. You either appreciate what you have now because it could be the best you will ever have or risk losing the one thing that really matters because your judgement tells you that a second chance will come around if it does not work out. Reality is, second chance doesn't come around often and when it does I bet you that it is worth while hence, it isn't a good idea to even think for a second that it is okay. And the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

xoxo 
0 comments: leave a comment