let it slide
March 7, 2010 @ 11:05 PM

It's funny how most of the times our hearts and our mind does not coincide. For all we know our body is stronger that the two above. We all know how much the truth can hurt. Ninety-nine percent of the time the truth hurts so bad even though we have to agree that a lie is worst. However that remaining one percent is a source of comfort everybody wants. The reason being, it automatically clears all our doubts away.

A good friend of mine made me realize something today. Actually, I've got a hunch about it since few weeks back. I guess I just needed that little push for me to accept the reality of it is. I have been trying to avoid dealing with this as much as I can. I want to follow my heart instead of my mind, but the truth is what it is.

I mean, we all define happiness as this ray of sunshine surrounded by beautiful butterflies. But I guess what we fail to see is that we always settle for the shades of grey. We tend to settle for what we have now than take the risk with the fear of losing it all. Most of the time it is because we felt that we are far in too deep.

I have had many things thrown at me from different angles of life. I have had times when I felt that things are getting too much for me to handle. But somehow I managed to pull through it all and I am proud of myself that I can still stand tall and move on with my life. People say they get how I feel, try to make me feel better and I appreciate that but nobody knows better than I do what I went through.

If you ask me if I'm happy, I will tell you I am. I may not be entirely happy but I am. Even though at times I feel like the reason to hold on is no longer there, even though I know what I felt was true and even though it hurts, at the end of the day I am still happy.

I guess my point is, we are satisfied even though we may not be entirely happy and that even though the truth is likely to hurt, we tend to follow our hearts instead of our mind and believe the remaining one percent of truth. Time is not gold. Time is not money. Time is just but a number. No matter how far we come if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

xoxo
0 comments: leave a comment