A short getaway
August 11, 2010 @ 1:09 AM
Hello. I am back from a short getaway to where else if it's none other than St John's Island. The trip couldn't have come at a better time. I love how going there easily helps me clear my mind and the quiet, peaceful surrounding is so calming.

Going back there seems a little nostalgic given that I practically grew up there. My grandmother decided to rent out a camp which can house up to 60 people instead of sleeping over at her house down the hill. Hence, the family set aside some time off their busy schedule to gather as one big family. H decided to join in too, which makes everything awesome when he is by my side.

Overall, it was a blast even though I was still fresh recovering from a fever. Stroll at the beach, fishing till the wee hours, campfire, barbeque, staying up late playing card games, eating almost every minute, birthday celebration and cakes flying everywhere, swimming in the clear sea waters, sand war, feeding cats and so much more. It's no surprise that everybody came back feeling really exhausted. It is safe to say that this is one of the best family time we had in years. However, all I have to keep this as a memory depends on my brain power because idiotically, I forgot to bring the camera. I guess I'll take some pictures from my cousins when they post it up at FB and I'll show it to you guys here. Till then.



xoxo 
0 comments: leave a comment