Choices
November 11, 2011 @ 12:47 AM

Life is full of choices. In fact choices are a part of everything we do or encounter in our lives. Its there with every step we make. Its safe to say that we have all been put in a spot of choices. We choose between heart or brain, fight or flight, we even have to choose what to have for lunch. Thus, and so much more. I personally believe that choices are the worst thing that life can ever offer.

I knew that this day would come. Where I would have to face making a choice between love and logic. I was just waiting on time. I have been having a hard time finding balance lately and being in overdrive almost every single day is taking a toll on me. I am not complaining because of the choices I made, I just needed someone to hear me out. I needed someone to just lend me a listening ear. I don't think I'm asking for much. It gets so frustrating having to deal with all these struggles on my own. I thought, even if no one else is willing to hear me out, you of all people would stick by me no matter what. I guess I'm wrong and I'm sorry for ever putting you in that position. Who am I, right? What rights do I have?

I know H. I know that he knows me well enough. He knows what I love and what I'd do for it. He knows I have big dreams, he knows that I can only cope with so much. He knows me better than me. He knows when to stop me when I don't. He knows when I have had enough and how much more can I take. He knows that I without a doubt, rather put others before me. So he knows better than to have me choose between the things/person I love. No, he is not asking me to choose him between cheer. He asked me to choose me between cheer. H thinks that cheer has put me in so much overdrive and it is taking too much toll on me. I know that he wouldn't even come to that decision unless he have to.

But here's the thing that breaking my heart. I love cheer. I have a huge passion about it. But there is also a saying that goes, 'Just because you want it, doesn't mean you can have it.' I am really torn because up till right now I have been putting this matter off because I simply do not want to face it. But now, I have to. I was asked to make a decision between love and rational.

I have been going back and forth trying to figure out if I am really cut out for this. I mean I have put in so much effort but I don't see myself reaping anything at all. Its frustrating because I don't want to give up on it yet but every single time, I lose a little bit more inside. I lose the drive and the motivation. I don't want anything to go to waste so I am hoping, really hoping that this is just a phase. I need to find a way to figure out this balance, fast. I have a lot to prove. To everyone but most importantly myself. I have no room to fail but it feels like I am failing with every step.
0 comments: leave a comment