We Always Want What We Can't Have
February 16, 2013 @ 6:41 PM

I never really understood what it meant with the phrase of "We accept the love we think we deserve" only until recently. I mean I know what it means in general and it such a lovely quote but I could never find that sense of attachment to it. 

I was thinking just the other day, about random things and about what people have said to me lately. I was imagining how different my life would be if I were to make different choices. How it would be if I had chose to walk away instead of staying, how different it would be to be with someone other than H and yet experiencing the same life challenges I am facing right now.

Then it came to me, like a moment of epiphany what it meant to accept the love we think we deserve. There can be so many things that I want to work out my way but life doesn't work that way. Bite me for thinking of what could have been but at the end of the day, I see myself with no one else. H may love me in a different way than what I expect but he is special to me. He loves me despite the differences in me and given the things that defines my life right now, I think no one else could have love me better.

So yes, perhaps the reason why we accept the love we think we deserve is simply because we feel that nothing or no one else could make us feel the way we do now. Get me? No? It's okay.
0 comments: leave a comment