clear skies
April 27, 2010 @ 8:38 PM

We all have an alter ego, some even have it on like a mask. We put it on and we play the infamous pretend game that the world has come to know and love. With it, we became someone who we thought we could never be, we put it on to fit in, to easily adapt in uncomfortable environments. It's as if with that mask, we gain some kind of self-confidence we never had. At least we thought we did. What we don't realize is that, the longer we leave the mask on, the easier it is to be our face.

I've said it once and I will say it again here. Trust is a huge deal for me. Lose it and you will have a hard time getting it back. That applies to everyone in my life. I know I can't stop tongues from wagging but I can change what people think of me. I have had friend stab me in the back, friends bitch about me and pretend like nothing ever happened, friends just use me for their own benefits. Even after all those time they pushed me down, I'm able to pick myself up.

I realize that it is an understatement when they say, they older you are the wiser you get. To me, it depends on who the person is. Some channel that child in them way to much that they come across being very childish. Some just made wrong decisions because they were not thinking straight.

You know, after all that, it made me realize who is worth it and who is not. I used to think that I could not afford to lose friends. Now that I've lost some, it not only made me stronger, it is making me realize who my real friends are. Believe it or not, don't be surprised if it's not your friend of so many years. Haven't you heard, when a door closes another door opens. In other words, you might just have to lose something to see things clearly.

xoxo

p/s I'm saying this in general. Don't feel offended but if you do, not my problem.
0 comments: leave a comment