formula one
September 28, 2010 @ 1:26 AM

Day One - It started quite awkward because everybody was still new and feeling shy. I had Dee so it wasn't that bad. But in a matter of minutes, everyone got along well. We were instantly laughing and joking around with each other. Work wise, it was a little tough because we did not know what to expect exactly and was not sure how it would flow but eventually we got the hang of it. It was certainly very tiring, having to stand all day long for 12 hours straight. Even when the rain starts to pour, we whipped out our ponchos and stood there in the rain greeting patrons. I had fun standing under the rain though. By night fall, surprisingly we were a little more energized. When the night was ending, we said our goodbyes to the patrons. The day ended quite well, with everyone drained out but still looking forward to the next day.

Day Two - I woke up feeling exhausted. Nonetheless, I was looking forward for another day. With the aching legs from the day before, we stood in the rain yet again, with our ponchos of course. During the day, there was not much patrons entering or exiting our gate so we had time to mingle around with everyone there. I spent most of my day two entertaining the entertainer crew and vice versa. Which brings me to this, I got to get a glimpse of Adam Lambert, Daughtry, Sean Kingston, Missy Elliot, Alicia Pan, and many more. Mariah Carey not so much. By night time, it was a bit more crowded with patrons coming in wanting to watch the qualifying race. All that till midnight and we ended the night the same way like we did the other night. And I had supper with H before heading home.

Day Three - I could barely wake myself up but it was mind over body. One treason because it was the last day and I was kind of excited for it. I mean for the hype not because it was ending. It was the big day. I shall not deny that we were all excited. Even before the gates officially open, people has been gathering outside, standing under the hot sun wanting to be the first few to be in circuit. Unfortunately, the weather was a little treacherous in the beginning but it got better as time progressed. Time pass by quite fast without us realizing. As usual, we end the night like we always did for the past two days, only better. Jumping and screaming, taking pictures even the patrons stop and took pictures with us, laughing incessantly at jokes. As the clock strikes 12.30am, everyone gathered and said our goodbyes. It was bitter sweet. Hopefully, I will see them again next year. I told one of the entertainers crew that I want to be in their crew. Hehh

Today I woke up feeling really sore, like I've had intensive cheer training for three straight days. But despite everything, the blood, sweat and tears, F1 has been a really great experience. I am forever thankful top be given this chance and I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat. Gate 6 has been great and I would not trade them for anything. Last but not least, I thank H for chauffeuring me to and fro and willingly listen to my complaints. 

xoxo 
0 comments: leave a comment