justice
October 30, 2010 @ 10:44 PM

Just now I chanced upon a piece in the newspaper highlighting some concerns about the bad behaviour of poly students. For that I felt justified. Even if it is because of smoking or littering or whatnot. For once the society has open their eyes to a new perspective. Not that I'm being judgmental, I feel that ITE students has been put under the microscope for quite some time now and four out five chances out in the news are that of ITE students behaving inappropriately. I know someday, God's willing, I will place myself in poly. Therefore, I am not saying this because I am an ITE student. Yes I am partially standing up for some of my rights but isn't it time that the society light up against us ITE students. Just because they are in poly doesn't mean that they are perks of the society. We are not so different after all. It's not valid enough to say that because we are in uniform and they are not, and it makes it easier for us be identified. School is school, we learn practically the same things in school. We learn the same basic etiquettes and manners in school, it's a matter of how a person carry themselves. When we are carving our career in the future, what makes us or breaks us is not the fact that we are in uniform, it's how we carry ourselves as a person. Unless you need me to remind you the incident of those poly students who are dumb enough to post their nude photos online for the world to see. Maybe it's time the society should stop being double standard and assume that ITE students are forever rotten apples. To each his own and this is my opinion.
xoxo 

0 comments: leave a comment