Shade of Blue
December 21, 2010 @ 11:49 PM

When  I was younger, I strongly believed that I could have the world. My ambitions were as high as the skies. I trusted the ones who were nice to me. I knew what I wanted and nothing could stop me from getting there. I'd get disappointed but I'll be fine a moment later. I couldn't differentiate how it feels to be heart broken. All I knew that when I get sad its because of something trivial, like the candy I could not have.

But as I grew older, things were not so simple anymore. Climbing the ladder isn't so easy and the people I meet are barely trust worthy. It gets so clouded and I felt like I did not know what I wanted anymore. I'd get disappointed at the little things because I got my expectations up a little too high. And when I get upset, it's probably because my heart got broken.

Everything changes. The skies changes shades, the leaves changes colour and the people we once and thought we knew changes. And when I see that other side of a person I never knew they even had, something in me changed. I tend to see them in another perspective. The person who I thought I once knew is not there anymore. Who I see in front of me is a completely different person.

A part of me have grown bitter. I can't seem to find it in me to find that silver lining. But fret not, there is still a huge part of me that is strongly optimistic. I'm happy. I won't let the dried leaves from my branches poison my bark.

xoxo 
0 comments: leave a comment