January 29, 2011 @ 1:01 PM
Everybody has pride and everybody wishfully hopes not to get their pride hurt. The other day, I was indirectly insulted of my English language. As pathetic as it sounds, insulting me of my English language hurts me. I don't mind people jokingly made comments about my language especially when it comes to my mother tongue. I mean I am not proud that my Malay is somewhere in between average and below. I am used to people jokingly, whether they mean it or not criticizing my Malay but I really do not like if people criticize my English. Do you think I want to suck especially at the language that is supposed to be second nature to me? I'm not trying to sound conceded and boast about how good my language is. I am open to correction, after all you learn best from your mistakes. I know my English is not as superb as yours but I am proud that it is above average. I really do not appreciate you looking me in the eye and criticize me of how my language is not good enough for you. I have worked hard to be where I am right now.
0 comments: leave a comment