Settling For More
May 10, 2011 @ 7:50 PM

I have always believed that its the little things the matters the most. Its the little effort a person puts into doing something that makes a difference, just like how one point can define between being first or second. I have always looked forward to the little things that hopefully makes a huge difference in my day. But that slowly became expectations and expectations slowly became disappointment.

I have felt disappointed so many times I felt like I'm asking for too much. It made me felt unworthy of even the slightest effort. So I began to continuously tell myself to expect less, from anyone or anything at all. But that hardly happens, I for some reason have the tendency to hope for the skies.

I grew tired of all the letdowns and I'm scared to hope. So I became someone who is easily contented. I was happy with what I get. I am happy at being this safe. But does that mean I am settling for less? Does it mean that I'm stopping myself short for what could have been greater things out there?
0 comments: leave a comment