Bring It On
June 10, 2011 @ 1:37 AM

I have always had a thing for cheerleading. When I first started out, I had no idea what it is all about and what to expect from it. Back in USS, I joined the school cheerleading team; Sonix to find out what it was about and because it seems like fun. Starting out fresh from scratch is very intimidating, fears overwhelms everything but as time went on I started to grow into it. What started out just for fun turned into something of a passion.

I loved all the adrenalin, the company, the fun of it all. I love every single bit of it. I look forward to every training, to every competitions. So when I stop doing it for about two years, you can imagine how much I miss it. And it only made sense that now in poly, I decided to join the school cheerleading team; Gusto. I may be very rusty by now but i was really keen in joining because I wanted to feel everything that I felt when I was in Sonix.

Coming in to Gusto, I don't really know much of what to expect from them. It's a  whole new level. The trainings are tougher and it pushed me to my limits of which I either forgot or knows that I have one. It was me starting cheerleading from scratch again. A part of me felt like it was tedious, but another part of me enjoy learning new things. But on Tuesday, I skipped training. I had no mood for it and that I felt restless just thinking of what we are going to do. I felt guilty, for skipping training because I made the decision to join cheer thus I fairly knew what I was getting myself into. I felt like the commitment wasn't there on me.

I went to today's training knowing what I'm getting myself into, knowing what we are roughly going to do. I felt halfhearted, believe me I was a few steps away of convincing myself to skipped training again. I even came up with the thought of quitting altogether. But I went anyway, I did all the things I had to do. Then at one point, I started to realize the improvements I made, from when I came in to where I am now in Gusto, of what I can do. I realized of how much I miss Sonix more than cheerleading itself that drove me to thinking that Gusto wasn't for me. But it was not about Sonix anymore, it was about cheerleading  as a whole. I reminded myself of the reason why I love it so much in the first place. I began to have an open mind, put all my 'knowledge' of cheer in Sonix in a corner and started out from soil. It was like I knew nothing about cheer at all. And it made things a lot better, I started to enjoy the process of learning. I even managed to handle all the constructive criticism quite well. I started to see the reasons why I came back to cheerleading. 

I felt bad turning my back on something I really cared about. I need to keep in mind the reason why I have always love cheer.

xoxo ♥
0 comments: leave a comment